Politecnico di Torino
Last revised on 19/10/2021
Politecnico di Torino, a public university, with registered address at Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24, 10129 Torino (further as ‘the Data Controller’ or ‘we’) protects your information and your privacy and processes your personal data (further as ‘data’) following the requirements provided by the relevant laws.
- which data of yours do we process;
- what are the purposes of this processing;
- what are the legal bases for your data processing;
- what are our legitimate interests to process your data;
- for how long we keep your data;
- whether you have any obligation to provide us your data and what are the possible consequences in case you would choose not to do so;
- who else can receive your data;
- how do we secure your data;
- what are your rights with regard to processing of your data.
In case you would have any questions or concerns, you will always find our contacts as well as the contacts of the data protection officer and the supervisory authority below.
- Which data do we process, why and for how long?
We only use technical cookies to allow services that require a login. We embed videos on YouTube and images on GitLab. To understand and control cookies of the other companies or institutions (so-called third-party cookies), please read the policies of such third-parties.
- Do you have an obligation to provide your data?
- In case you would like to submit a complaint, query or request, you may need to provide us with your data that is necessary to handle these inquiries of yours. In case you would not provide us with such data, we may be not be able to handle your inquiries.
- Is your data shared with anyone else?
- No, we do not share your data with any third parties.
- We will not disclose your data to any third parties without obtaining your prior explicit consent unless that would be necessary and permitted by law. For example, we may share your data to courts and other institutions or subjects in case it is required by law.
- How do we secure your data?
- We host the website in our premises, and we manage it ourselves. We do not use any third-party cookies and services.
- We take appropriate administrative, technical and organisational measures against unauthorized or unlawful processing of any data or its accidental loss, destruction or damage, access, disclosure or use.
- In the event of and following discovery or notification of a breach of the security of the data, or access by an unauthorised person, we will notify you in case the breach is likely to affect your privacy.
- How do we manage cookies?
|Cookie name and category
||Cookie expiry term
||necessary to provide with a website access
Please remember that you can always configure your browser to decline all or some cookies as well as to accept them.
- What are your rights?
- You can ask us whether we process any data of yours and, if yes, you can request access to that data.
- You can ask us to correct the inaccurate data about you.
- You can ask us to delete the data about you and the data shall be deteled in case there are no legal bases for us to process it.
- You can ask us to restrict the processing of your data (i) in case you contest the accuracy of the data, (ii) in case the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of it, (iii) in case we no longer need the data but they are required by you for the legal claims, or (iv) in case you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(1) of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override those of yours.
- You can object the rocessing of your data in case it is processed for third party’s or our interests.
- You can ask to transfer (receive) your data which is processed automatically and is provided to us by your consent or under the contract.
- You can withdraw your consent given to us regarding processing of your personal data.
- You have a right to complain to a supervisory authority (please kindly find contacts below) and to seek a judicial remedy.
If you have any questions or complaints with regard to the process of your data, please send an email to our Data Protection Officer team:
The Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la protezione dei dati personali)
Piazza Venezia, 11
Tel. +39 06 69677 1
Fax +39 06 69677 785
Politecnico di Torino, a public university, with registered address at Corso Duca degli Abruzzi, 24, 10129 Torino